VMware Communities
Steveis2
Contributor
Contributor

SUSE 13.1 no internet access after installation VMware 6.0.1

Hi,

I have previously installed suse 12.3 and ubuntu into VMware and have had internet access ok. However when I have installed suse 13.1 I can't connect to the internet. Does anyone have an idea as to why this might be and have a possible solution? Is it because suse 13.1 is relativley new and VMware is not atuned to that version yet?

Regards Steve

0 Kudos
4 Replies
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal

OpenSUSE 13.1 is officially supported with VMware Player/Workstation 6/10.

Is it only the OpenSUSE 13.1 VM or also the Ubuntu VM that cannot connect to the Internet?

Is the Network Adapter set to Connect at power on and then one one is Connected checked in the VM's Settings?

How is the Network Adapter configured, Bridged, NAT, etc?

What troubleshooting, if any, have you done?

0 Kudos
Steveis2
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, It's only the suse 13.1 that won't conect to the internet ubuntu and suse 12.3 are ok. I now think the problem is related to the installation. The iso I used was off a magazne disk. I have now downloaded an iso from the web and installed it. This time it works ok. Thank you for answering my post. I think somehow the disk I used must have had a fault.

Regards Steve

0 Kudos
sherwinray
Contributor
Contributor

Insure that "network manager" is enabled and active.

0 Kudos
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal

sherwinray wrote: Insure that "network manager" is enabled and active.

Even though the question was not marked as answered this issue was already resolved!  I guess you didn't see where Steve said "The iso I used was off a magazne disk. I have now downloaded an iso from the web and installed it. This time it works ok."

0 Kudos