VMware Communities
Grimork
Contributor
Contributor

Running 64-bit image on 32-bit OS

I installed an image on a 64-bit computer and it must've defaulted as 64-bit. Im now at home trying to run the image on my 32-bit OS and it just continually repeats 'loading files' and then it will return to the vmware starting screen and follow the same process. Is there anything I can do to allow my computer to run the image?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

Welcome to the Community,

it's not the host OS which is important, it's the host system's CPU and the BIOS configuration. In oder to run a 64 bit guest you need a 64-bit Intel CPU which supports Intel VT-x (may need to be enabled in the BIOS) or a 64-bit AMD CPU. In case of the Intel CPU make sure you power cycle (power off/power on) the system after modifying the BIOS and saving the settings.

If this does not help, please post/attach the latest vmware.log from the VM's folder.

André

0 Kudos
compuluv
Contributor
Contributor

Intel(R) 82567LM-3 Gigabit Network Connection - McAfee NDIS Intermediate filter Miniport <--- that is the adapter

And I enabled virtualization, I have a dell so I rebooted the computer to enable it.

Now it connects and says it has internet access but internet explorer says it cannot display the webpage. And when I diagnose the problem it says there is a problem with the DNS server.

Sorry this is my first time using vmware and I looked in that folder, is the log file in there or another folder?

0 Kudos