VMware Communities
Sowhat201110141
Contributor
Contributor

Problems with VMware Tools

Hi, im really use vm player to play :smileysilly:

I had a w7 vm, and the game runw so SLOW, somewhere that vm tools improve performace, so i tried to install it, when the installation benigs says that only can be installed on a virtual machine, so i deleted that vm and created another one with win xp pro (sp3 i guess), the vm tools were installed.

today i started the vm and vm tools again are unstalled Smiley Sad and i get the same error while im trying to install ii, what can i do?

Thanks

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Sowhat201110141
Contributor
Contributor

36 views 0 answers.

I need help on this! Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
Tom2k8
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

What is your configuration? This question is relevant for the host as the guest.

What type of game do you want to play? Video intensive, music or media intensive?

I don't think that games will soar on virtual machines, but I think that the games' performance will increase upon each new major version of VMWare Player / Workstation because of enhanced support for hardware capable of hypervisor technologies. I think the performance is not enough right now. I think the game will soar on real hardware!

0 Kudos
uttam_choudhary
Contributor
Contributor

If possible send screenshot of error?

As I am understanding it....vmtools gets uninstalled by itself...what is frequency or does restart do that??

0 Kudos
Sowhat201110141
Contributor
Contributor

Well its a game based on video, but not that intensive.. maybe a bit.

Phenom x3 710

4gb ddr2 800mhz ocz platinium

windows seven 64 bits on main pc

i cant pay for a workstation Smiley Sad

i will get a screenshot

0 Kudos