VMware Communities
Fili0kuZ
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Problems to use my IP as URL -VMWare Network settings?

Hello,

I got some issues with trying to use my IP address (via VMWare Player - windows serv. 2008 enterprise) but I keep getting like, the page does not respond or such error messages. What i'm trying to do is to host a website on the server PC with IIS, but i'm not sure why it doesn't work to run it over the IP (of course it works in localhost) but that's not relevant in this case I guess..However, I was wondering if it MIGHT be some network setting inside VMWare Player Settings? At the moment under "Network Connections" in the settings panel I have "Bridged: Connected directly to the physical network".

P.S. The IPv4 Address on windows server 2008 ends with .200, while my pc (the host) ends with .3. Yesterday I managed to make the WinServ to have .19 on the end, I don't know if that matters in this case though.

P.S.S. The right ports are opened as well so I don't really get it why it doesn't work...

I hope any of you guys can help me to solve my problem -i'd appreciate it very very much!

Best Regards,

Anton

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Lets start with some basics, does the Guest have basic Internet/Network Connectivity?  In other words can you access the Internet from the Guest OS?  Also can the Host successfully ping the Guest's IP Address and can the Guest successfully ping the Host's IP Address?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Lets start with some basics, does the Guest have basic Internet/Network Connectivity?  In other words can you access the Internet from the Guest OS?  Also can the Host successfully ping the Guest's IP Address and can the Guest successfully ping the Host's IP Address?

0 Kudos