VMware Communities
Dahlis87
Contributor
Contributor

Problem installing VMWare 4.0.3-703057 on Windows 8 Release Preview

In the end of the installation I get an error that says the msi file failed to install.

Any idea how to go around this or do we need to wait for Windows 8 release the full version or something?

EDIT:

I just installed windows updates and reboot the computer, and what do we see here? A working VMWare 4.0.3 and its works well.

I hope this will work for you too!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
tidaltides
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I haven't tried installing VM on Windows 8 as I know that I might encounter such problem. My suggestion is to wait for the full version before doing so.

Dahlis87
Contributor
Contributor

Okey, thanks for the answer. I was afraid of that, but I can wait. :smileygrin:

0 Kudos
udix
Contributor
Contributor

I had a problem at the beginning: the W8-RP-ISO didn't install during the opening/early stage of the installation - asking for some file it missed, with some entry (I forget how that was).

Well, I burned from this W8-RP-ISO a DVD, which I then started as a SETUP.exe into a previously established (!) VM-402-W8-Consumer Preview.

That worked.

I installed framework 3.5 into the VM403-W8-Virtual setup (W8 only comes with framework 4.5) .

However: when trying to update VM-tools into a  VM403 - I got the infamous: error 3033 - no matter how I tried.

So anyway - there seems to be quite a bunch of people who have the same and/or similar/related(?) problems with VM403-W8   - whatever the reasons ...

0 Kudos