shane_walton
Contributor
Contributor

Player 3.0 and Java in Linux Guest

Product: VMware Player 3.0

Host OS: Windows 7 Ultimate

Guest OS: Ubuntu 9.04

JDK: OpenJDK 1.6.0_0

For some reason, player goes into a state like it is going to take a snapshot where the screen grays and a progress bar is shown across the bottom. I don't know what this is at it happens very quickly. If I happen to have a Java based application open like Netbeans, the application is non-responsive after the vmware progress action is completed. I can't even kill the application, it just shows a defunct java process for ever, so I am forced to restart the guest to remedy the issue.

Thanks!

Shane M. Walton

0 Kudos
3 Replies
continuum
Immortal
Immortal

does the VM come from MAC / Fusion or Workstation ?

If yes - this maybe Autoprotect ...

please post vmware.log when this happens again

VMX-parameters- VMware-liveCD - VM-Sickbay

0 Kudos
shane_walton
Contributor
Contributor

No, the virtual machine didn't come from a MAC. Please see the attached log from when the issue occurred.

Shane M. Walton

0 Kudos
shane_walton
Contributor
Contributor

Ah, it has to do with Shared Folders between the guest and host. I caught a glimpse of the title over the progress bar this time, and could see that it stated something about copying a file that I had recently (in terms of minutes) copied to the host. The issue occurred this time when I started Netbeans, very strange. Could it be something was cached and starting Netbeans caused the shared folder stuff to flush?

Shane M. Walton

0 Kudos