VMware Communities
Benz46
Contributor
Contributor

No network connection for VMware Player

Hi,

Would like some advice please,

I have been using vmware player for just a few weeks and have had no problem with network connection up until last week when I did some changes (Windows re-activation and removals using 'Hijack This'.  I have obviously deleted lots of stuff I am not suppose to delete as I have had nothing but pc problems ever since.

My host machine is Windows XP SP3

Guest OS is Scientific Linux

When I go to verify which processes are running it only shows vmnat.exe running but not vmnetdhcp.exe so I try to see if I can install vmnetdhcp.exe but get the pop-up window message "DllRegisterServer entry point was not found".

I am new to all of this and certainly not tech savvy so if someone would be kind enough to suggestion where I should go from here that will be much appreciated thanks.....

0 Kudos
4 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

Instead of trying to fix issues which may exist after the "clean up", I'd go ahead and uninstall VMware Player and reinstall it again. The existing VMs won't get touched doing this, although you may have to re-register them in the Player's library after the installation.

André

0 Kudos
Benz46
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your response mate, I've uninstalled VM and reinstalled it but I still get the same issue I believe the problem is originating from my real pc rather than the vm.

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

... I've uninstalled VM and reinstalled ...

Just to confirm. When you say you've "uninstalled VM", do you refer the VMware Player on the host (what I was talking about) or the Linux guest?

André

0 Kudos
milton123
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

I think your are doing some mistake during configuring the network connections.

You can get help from this....

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/11027006/vmware-network-configuration

Cheers, Udin

0 Kudos