VMware Communities
CoreyCoop
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

No Network Drivers in XP Guest

I am trying to move slowly into Windows 7, as I have to keep Windows XP around for Visual Studio 6.0 (legacy issues).  I have dual booted my old Win XP Pro (32 bit) system, with Win 7 Pro (64 bit), and want to make XP a VM under Win 7.  It took a while, as I could not get Converter to run under XP as a "live machine update", and Converter would not accept my Acronis 2011 Home backup as an input.  I eventually found an old version of Norton Ghost that is supported by Converter, and created my VM from that snapshot. 

Now my problem is that the VM does not see any network cards or drivers!  Any ideas on how to either re-run Converter to fix this, or (preferably) add the drivers to my VM?

Any help would be apprecated.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
milton123
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

You can add a network adapter from Vmware settings. You don't needed any network driver.

Cheers, Yours Udin

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

You shouldn't need to rerun Converter...

Make sure there is a Network Adapter defined in the Setting and is enabled and then install VMware Tools.

You may want to, archive (compress) and attach the .vmx and .log files for the Virtual Machine so we can see what's going on.

milton123
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

You can add a network adapter from Vmware settings. You don't needed any network driver.

Cheers, Yours Udin

0 Kudos