VMware Communities
sunchipsster
Contributor
Contributor

No Internet after update

Hello! Hope you are doing well during these unconventional times, and thank you so much for your kind help!

I allowed my VM Workstation 15 Player to be updated, .... and after update, the internet connectivity is persistently gone. So I can't download anything new onto that VM.

I have tried looking up on the forums for a solution to this issue, and none have worked for me.

I have attached a screenshot of my current sitaution.

Things I have tried --

• Changing the network connection to "Bridged". It does not allow connection.
  • Changing the network connection to "NAT". It does not allow connection.
  • Many forums say to access the "Virtual Network Editor", but I do not know where to get this. My version of VM Workstation is not the "Pro"version, it is the VM Workstation 15 Player.

Many thanks for your kind help!

pastedImage_0.png

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Moderator: Moved to Workstation Player

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
Alex_Romeo
Leadership
Leadership

0 Kudos
sunchipsster
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Alessandro,

Many thanks for the kind response!

I read through the document you provided, many thanks!

Based on the recommendations from the document, I tried:

• Utilizing Virtual Network Editor (attached image 1) -- Restoring defaults. This did not work.
  • Connecting the virtual machine workstation --> to a "Custom" VM network -- i.e. VMnet8, which has been specified as NAT. However, this did not work (attached image 2).

Based on your expertise, do you know what might be the cause of this problem?

Thank you again for your kind help, and take care during these uncertain times~

IMAGE 1:

pastedImage_0.png

IMAGE 2:

pastedImage_3.png

0 Kudos