VMware Communities
Ahmed_Hasnaoui
Contributor
Contributor

My mouse randomly disconnects after using VMware Workstation

Hello everyone,
first of all , I want to thank you for reading and helping me out in my first post in this community.
I am a casual Workstation user and I had a persistent issue with my mouse that keeps disconnecting randomly after using VMware Workstation.
this first happend to me a month ago after doing a lab in workstation and I thought the problem is within my mouse , after a while of not using the hypervisor , my mouse came back to work flawlessly, however yesterday, while doing a project that needs some VMs , I opened workstation and my mouse instantly started to disconnect/reconnect.
Its really agonising when you face such a problem.
note : while troubleshooting myself out , I went to Preferences > usb > (checked) connect device to host . It worked normaly for couple of minutes but it started to disc/rec just after that.
thank you so much for your help !!!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

@Ahmed_Hasnaoui 

Moderator: Please create threads into the area for the product used - moved to Workstation Player Discussions (although you may be using Workstation Pro)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos