VMware Communities
rewmu
Contributor
Contributor

Minimising 1 of 2 open VMs minimises both

Hi All,

I frequently have 2 VMs open and running on my host Windows 7 machine and I have a dual monitor set up such that I can have one VM running on one screen and the other VM on the other screen.

I've found that the two instances seem to be inextricably tied to each other, in so far as, that when I minimise 1 of them to the task bar the other one minimises as well, also, when I maximise/restore one, the other does the same. I've also found problems when I've tried to clicked on a program on the host to gain focus on that and the VM refuses to go to the background.

Has anyone else experieced these problems and/or know of a soloution?

I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate (x64) and VMWare Player 3.1.4 (although I've had the same problems with previous versions of vmware player).

Regards,

Andy

0 Kudos
1 Reply
zalan
Contributor
Contributor

Yeah, and it's driving me insane. The worst thing is when I power off one machine, the other one exits full screen mode and changes to a very small resolution thus messing up all the desktop icons (windows guests) and/or the panel applets (linux guests) and each time I have to manually restore my layout :smileycry:.

It's a long standing issue which has been already reported in this forum. I hope it will be fixed sooner or later. Please.......