VMware Communities
Bhocolate_Bhip
Contributor
Contributor

Mac OS not working after installing tools. Causing logo to appear and load halfway then black screen

Hi. I'm new here so please be patient.

I set up the mac os system and it was loaded correctly. Once I installed the tools and restarted for them to take place, It did not work by loading very slowly halfway, then turning to a black screen. I read the log file and something is wrong, I don't know what it is. I have disabled Background Application Max Framerate and Max Framerate; everything else is the default. Config.txt is the .vmx file.

I suspect it has to do with "vcpu-0 Guest: fb: getPixelInformation: Display mode 0 not found." and "Write to PxSCTL.DET while no device present."

Specs:

Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8-Core Processor, 3801 Mhz, 8 Core(s), 16 Logical Processor(s)
Motherboard: MPG B550 GAMING PLUS (MS-7C56)

16 GBS of DDR4 RAM

GPU: NVIDIA RTX 3080

206 GBS of available SSD storage (virtual machine storage already allocated)

Windows 10 Pro version 10.0.19045 Build 19045

Thank you in advance.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

You cannot discuss running MacOS on non-Apple hardware here, since doing so violates the Apple EULA.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

Thread locked.

0 Kudos