VMware Communities
drewan
Contributor
Contributor

LAMP generated web pages with 'localhost' URL

Hello,

I'm in the process of evaluating a CMS package within the UltimateLAMP appliance. I can 'browse' the CMS admin and other pages within the virtual Ubuntu environment but when I browse those pages from an external machine, none of the graphics are rendered. Examination of the web page source shows that all links use this base URL:

http://localhost/.

This obviously works just fine within the virtual Ubuntu environment but fails when the page is viewed by another PC on my home network.

My .vmx is setup to run the network in bridged mode and I have no problems accessing the web server from another PC. I could not find any other .vmx settings so that Apache would generate web pages with an IP address or hostname in place of 'localhost' - is this possible at the vmplayer or Apache server side?

I would rather not mess with client PC/browser settings to resolve the localhost URL.

Thanks for all suggestions.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
devzero
Expert
Expert

this is a problem not related to vmware, but specific to your cms/ultimatelamp installation.

check the documentation or mailinglist(s) for that software - it should be a setup/configuration issue

0 Kudos