VMware Communities
antimattercrusa
Contributor
Contributor

Issue with VMPlayer Virtual Machine after unexpected restart

Hello!
I have been enjoying the use of virtual machines for a few months now but have had a nagging problem that's building on me and I need to resolve...

I have a Virtual Machine that at first would run very well, but after an unexpected restart it will work well for 30 seconds to 1 min and then freeze (Mouse still moves, but cannot click on anything, cursor stops blinking etc) for about 10 seconds after which everything speeds up for a couple seconds (Cursor blinks rapidly, firefox loading icon spins quickly etc)

I have tried nearly everything I can think of to fix this, as well as searching google/fourms for a solution but have come up empty handed.

I have already tried:

- Syncing Time
- Reinstalling VMPlayer

- Reformatting and reinstalling host system
- Creating new Virtual Machine (This worked in combination with the reformat above - but worth noting that reformatting the host system, which of course includes reinstalling VMPlayer did NOT fix the old VM)

- Switching from a Windows 7 VM to Windows XP (I thought that worked, but after the recent unexpected restart now the XP VM is doing it as well)

However, I just put alot of effort into installing the software and such on the VM and do not want to recreate it. 

Does anything have any ideas? Anything would much appreciated!

0 Kudos
0 Replies