VMware Communities
Funkyecat
Contributor
Contributor

Installed printer

I installed a printer under a virtualized Win XP. (The printer, an all-in-one, is an HP printer that will not install under Windows 7 (64 bit). The day of installation, I could get all the functions to operate. A day later when I went back in to print out a document, the document stays in the Q and will not print. After checking, I saw a message that i the printer cannot connect with the computer. Deja vue with Win 7. This is a printer that worked fine under Win XP on another computer. Any ideas?

You may contact me at funkyecatyahoo.com also.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
vmroyale
Immortal
Immortal

Hello.

Assuming this is a USB printer, is it still connected to the VM via Removable Devices?

Good Luck!

Brian Atkinson | vExpert | VMTN Moderator | Author of "VCP5-DCV VMware Certified Professional-Data Center Virtualization on vSphere 5.5 Study Guide: VCP-550" | @vmroyale | http://vmroyale.com
0 Kudos
Funkyecat
Contributor
Contributor

I installed VMware, virtual tools and then the All-in-one. It worked fine the first day, as I said. It appears to me connected by a virtaul USB connection.

0 Kudos
Funkyecat
Contributor
Contributor

I didn't understand what you meant by removable devices until I found it. I had to remove the connection to the host (where it did not run away) and all is fine

Thanx ....BYE

0 Kudos