VMware Communities
benord
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Installation of VMWare Tools on Fedora 18 (as a guest)

Hello all,

I'm struggling to find a way to properly install the Linux Tools for Fedora 18 as a guest machine in Windows XP host.

I succeeded to download the .exe and I finally learnt, thanks to this forum, that a .iso is created in the right folder by executing this program. I mounted the virtual disk on VMWare Player where I already have installed Fedora 18 and I have successfully extract the .tar.gz, that I placed in the folder "Download".

However, I have another issue and I'm stuck because I can't find help on this forum anymore:

When I try to execute "vmware-install.pl" thanks to the Terminal as root (by typing the following command : "sudo ./vmware-install.pl" and my password), I get the following response "sudo: unable to execute ./vmware-install.pl: No such file or directory").

I found in another forum that it could be because I don't have the right libraries to read the program in Pearl, but i didn't find which library I should download then.

I'm using VMWare Player 5.0.2 build-1031769 and I downloaded the VMWare Tools by following this link :http://softwareupdate.vmware.com/cds/vmw-desktop/player/5.0.2/1031769/windows/packages/tools-linux-9...

I found this link in the following topic : http://communities.vmware.com/message/2263344#2263344

Could you please help me to solve this issue?

Thanks a lot!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

It took me less then a minute to find Step-by-Step Guide: Installing VMTools on Fedora18 searching Google! Smiley Wink

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

It took me less then a minute to find Step-by-Step Guide: Installing VMTools on Fedora18 searching Google! Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
benord
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hello WoodyZ,

And... It works now... Okay, now I feel ridiculous... Thank you for that! :smileysilly:

But a big thanks for your help anyway! :smileygrin:

0 Kudos