VMware Communities
SabTheGub
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

If I upgrade to a higher version of VMware player will all my previous VMware-machines be deleted

Hi guys,

I am trying to update my Vmware to the free version 5.0.0.Currently I have a large number of Vmwares installed on my current version and a lot of important data. When I tried to check for updates and download it said that I would have to uninstall the current vmware player to continue. Does this mean I will lose all the vmware machines with their data too? Would I have to install all the os's again from scratch. Also if i download the update once and cancelled(because of the above question ) do I have to download the update all over again or is the setup stored somewhere?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Welcome to the Community,

don't worry, the VM's will remain untouched. It's just the application which needs to be uninstalled before the new version can be installed.

André

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Welcome to the Community,

don't worry, the VM's will remain untouched. It's just the application which needs to be uninstalled before the new version can be installed.

André

0 Kudos
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

André already answered your question about uninstalling however I just want to make a comment since this type of question comes up seeming regularly.  If a User is doing what they're supposed to be doing, keeping their system and User Data properly backed up, then one has little to worry about! Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
SabTheGub
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Okay guys. Thanks for the help.

0 Kudos