VMware Communities
LuzfromParis
Contributor
Contributor

ISO not found while launching server for first times

Hi everyone,

I' a new user and I cannot find any answer to troubleshoot my issue. I use vmware workstation player on my Windows 10 computer.

For study purpose, I've downloaded Windows server 2016.

I've created a virtual machine, following the steps. The iso file containing the OS using is on my CD/DVD SATA.

While launching the VM for first time, the installation programs displays an error message : it doesn't find the OS! (screenshot attached).

Could anybody help me to troubleshoot?

Thank you very much in advance

Luz

Moderator edit by wila: Moved post from Technical Community Resources to Workstation Player discussions

0 Kudos
2 Replies
btmp
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I'm sorry but I used a translation service to try and figure out what the screenshot says and it came out close to "No Image Available"

This appears to be an issue (It, obviously, loaded or you couldn't have grabbed a screenshot from inside the Windows ISO 'install' ) but it is not saying there is no ISO or that the "ISO is not found"...it's more like it's saying there are no related 'CPU' files found. I could see this happening if trying to use a 64bit ISO on a 32bit (x86) VM or perhaps even ARM is mixed in there someplace? I'd suggest re-checking the source ISO (installer image) target followed by re-checking how the related  "intended version" VM settings are set. I might even suggest you go so far as to re-evaluate your own CPU capabilities? Sorry, I know that's all getting rather vague...! I suppose it could also be possible to see such an error in an incorrectly 'EDITED' Windows ISO or perhaps even with newer 'INSIDER' versions but they dont seem relatd to what you are seeing given the phrasing used?

The primary point being that it doesn't "appear" to be related to VMWare Player/Workstation upon first glance. The VM is obviously running just fine up to that point (and so is the ISO)....instead it seems to be an issue of matching the ISO OS and setting the VM or CPU capabilities up properly?

If I was reading this from your end it wouldn't likely make much sense either so maybe someone else can describe it more clearly?

0 Kudos
LuzfromParis
Contributor
Contributor

Hello!

Thank  you so much for your help  (and sorry  for the lack  of translation, I forgot!)

I'm going to try with the explanations  you gave. They seem  very logical, no problem.

I come back if needed.

Thank you again !

0 Kudos