VMware Communities
JackieC
Contributor
Contributor

I upgraded from VMPlayer 3.15 to 4 and my quest will not start

I am running the host as Windows 7 with all updates. The guest is Windows XP SP2. Everything was working fine until I upgraded to the new version of the Player. Now all I get when I try to use the guest is a black window with "error loading operating system_"

I have restored to a copy of the .vmdk but I get the same message. I change back to the older version of the player, that did not work either.

I have attached the logs. Oh the log seems to have stopped writing on the day everything stopped working.

There are lock files and vmem files, I have tried deleting them and restarting it did not work.

I I were to install VM Workstation is there anything in there that could help?

I really need to get this data, I am sure everyone says that.

Thanks

Jackie

0 Kudos
2 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

Welcome to the Community,

from the log files it looks like there is still an .lck folder which you should delete!?

André

0 Kudos
JackieC
Contributor
Contributor

Ok, Andre thanks for the response but that did not do it. Still getting same issue.

I have attched the vmx file. There are currently no lock files present. I have uninstalled and installed 3.15 player. I have not try to upgrade to ver 4. Maybe this would help?  I think it is the player that is the problem. But I know virtually nothing about this stuff.

0 Kudos