VMware Communities
Polda18
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hyper-V není v mém systému nainstalovaný, ale stále jej VMware detekuje

Nutno podotknout, že používám Windows 10 Insider Preview, takže některé funkce systému mohou fungovat jinak nebo mohou být jinak pojmenované.

Ale: Po delší době jsem si chtěl zapnout svůj virtuální počítač s Windows 98 ve VMware Worstation 15 Player. Nejdříve to po mě chtělo vypnout Defender Guard Credential. Sice jsem jej už vypínal po instalaci VMware, ale ok, zřejmě se to po poslední aktualizaci opět zaplo nebo to doteď fungovalo bez tohoto opatření.

Ale může mi někdo vysvětlit, jak to, že VMware mi teď hlásí další chybu, a sice, že není kompatibilní s Hyper-V a nemůže tedy spustit virtuální počítač? Zaprvé - co to vůbec je za funkci? Zadruhé - jakto, že mi to hází detekci Hyper-V, když tu funkci ani nemám nainstalovanou a logicky tím pádem ani zapnutou?

pastedImage_0.png

Může to dělat WSL? To ale není Hyper-V, pokud se nepletu. WSL jsem si instaloval a updatoval na verzi 2 kvůli IDE Visual Studio, abych mohl využívat Cross-platform podporu.

Co můžu udělat pro to, abych mohl opět zase používat VMware? Jediné co chci je, aby mi fungovaly virtuální počítače (Windows 98, Windows 2000, MS-DOS, Linuxové systémy). S čím vším je vůbec VMware nekompatibilní, abych to prostě a jednoduše pozakázal, odinstaloval, případně se smířil s tím, že mi nějaké funkce na Windows a VS budou prostě chybět? Už mě to začíná docela štvát. Pořád něco nefunguje, pořád řeším nějaký problém. Možná jsem udělal chybu, že jsem si stáhl a začal používat VMware a měl jsem zůstat u VirtualBoxu. Chybějící zvuk PC speakeru u MS-DOS není až tak závažný nedostatek, abych si vychutnal staré hry, které buď ten zvuk nutně nepotřebují, nebo podporují zvukovou kartu Soundblaster a kompatibilní (DOOM, Quake).

“Don't pitty the dead. Pitty the living. And especially those who live without love.”
0 Kudos
1 Solution
12 Replies
Polda18
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I thought that I'd receive response of Czech members rather than automatically translated answer when I wrote in Czech. No Czechs are in tech support team?

Anyway, didn't even know that core security integrity is using Hyper-V engine. Unfortunately, I'm not quite sure if I can even turn it off, because my school's network quite requires me to have this feature enabled (kind of actually demanded, otherwise I couldn't use my computer in the network). It's sad that it doesn't work with such features of Windows. I'm gonna mark it as a correct answer, but I don't think that I'm going to follow it and rather return back to VirtualBox. I already converted all the virtual machines to OVF format to be used with VirtualBox, so I can return back.

Thanks anyway Smiley Happy

P.S. - How did I know you run it through Google Translate? It's quite obvious if there are grammar mistakes and your profile links to Italian websites. No offense, but I think that you should just have responded in English. It's quite difficult for me to read through automatic translation and figure out what was meant by that. I understand English quite well, I just expected to receive help from Czech members, especially when the sites support Czech language as well.

“Don't pitty the dead. Pitty the living. And especially those who live without love.”
0 Kudos
wila
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Hi,

I thought that I'd receive response of Czech members rather than automatically translated answer when I wrote in Czech. No Czechs are in tech support team?

Actually the majority of answers provided at this forum are from other users.

It is a peer to peer support forum. There's some Czech users that I know, but they are not very frequent visitors here.

The forum is in English, we have some forums that are in the local language of the user, but not in your (or even my) mother tongue.

(picture from: VMTN )

pastedImage_1.png

With the new beta of Workstation that was released earlier this week, it is actually possible to run it with Hyper-V, but... (there's always a catch isn't it?) you need to run a Windows insider preview version.

More details about that are here: VMware Workstation Tech Preview 20H1 - Hyper-V/Host VBS Support - VMware Workstation Zealot - VMware...

--

Wil

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
| More info at vimalin.com | Twitter @wilva
0 Kudos
Polda18
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

With the new beta of Workstation that was released earlier this week, it is actually possible to run it with Hyper-V, but... (there's always a catch isn't it?) you need to run a Windows insider preview version.

As it happens (and you may even recall to original question), I do actually run Windows 10 Insider Preview. I have Windows 10 build 19546.1000, perfectly eligible to run beta version of VMware Workstation Player. However I must ask: Does free version of VMware Player have support for Hyper-V in beta version? As it turns out, neighter VirtualBox supports Hyper-V in stable releases.

0 Kudos
Polda18
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Oh, I have found very interesting page: https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/139405-run-hyper-v-virtualbox-vmware-same-computer.html

Basically it tells me that Hyper-V is Type1 hypervisor, whereas both VMware and VirtualBox are Type2, therefore they cannot run both at the same time. But there is a small problem:

Windows Boot Loader

-------------------

identifier              {current}

device                  partition=C:

path                    \WINDOWS\system32\winload.efi

description             Windows 10

locale                  cs-CZ

inherit                 {bootloadersettings}

recoverysequence        {1aad407e-3437-11ea-8bb8-b2dedd1adf79}

displaymessageoverride  Recovery

recoveryenabled         Yes

isolatedcontext         Yes

flightsigning           Yes

allowedinmemorysettings 0x15000075

osdevice                partition=C:

systemroot              \WINDOWS

resumeobject            {1aad407b-3437-11ea-8bb8-b2dedd1adf79}

nx                      OptIn

bootmenupolicy          Standard

hypervisorlaunchtype    Off

As you can see, Hyper-V is already disabled. Yet it still doesn't work. Neigther VMware nor VirtualBox will run their virtual machines. I guess it's a bug and they still think I'm running on Hyper-V engine even though I'm not. Well, that's it.

0 Kudos
Alex_Romeo
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Hi,

ok! I thank you and accept your advice.

ARomeo

Blog: https://www.aleadmin.it/
0 Kudos
wila
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Hi,

Sorry I had not paid a lot of attention to your opening post, I now see it does mention Insider Preview.

You should be fine with running the beta on your Windows Insider Preview version.

Workstation Tech Preview

Note that it is the full version of VMware Workstation, not just Player, but it includes player as well.

My experience with previous VMware beta's is that they are high quality, although a bit slower as the final product.

--

Wil

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
0 Kudos
Polda18
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I may sound stupid, but do I have to pay for beta version of Workstation? Because it only does make sense to pay for it if it's full product, not just Player. I just need confirmation. Sadly, I cannot pay since I don't have money for that and I don't like shareware installs expiring after 30 days. Player works just fine, however I have to disable Hyper-V and restart computer in order to use VMware Player. For some reason, my copy of Windows 10 Insider Preview cannot keep crutial settings, like network login credentials and hypervisor launcher settings. I may miss also more stuff that doesn't keep (like cookies, but I can live with that).

This is what it basically tells me:

Windows Boot Loader

-------------------

identifier {current}

device partition=C:

path \WINDOWS\system32\winload.efi

description Windows 10

locale cs-CZ

inherit {bootloadersettings}

recoverysequence {1bb8a075-4075-11ea-8ee2-8093d137bcf7}

displaymessageoverride Recovery

recoveryenabled Yes

isolatedcontext Yes

flightsigning Yes

allowedinmemorysettings 0x15000075

osdevice partition=C:

systemroot \WINDOWS

resumeobject {1bb8a073-4075-11ea-8ee2-8093d137bcf7}

nx OptIn

bootmenupolicy Standard

hypervisorlaunchtype Auto

PS C:\Users\Marek Poláček> bcdedit /set {current} hypervisorlaunchtype off

The set command specified is not valid.

Run "bcdedit /?" for command line assistance.

From this site: https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/139405-run-hyper-v-virtualbox-vmware-same-computer.html

0 Kudos
wila
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Hi,

No, you do not have to pay for using the beta version.

It is limited in time, but the limitation is currently set at something like 395 days (sorry, don't remember the exact number, but it is over 300 days)

By the time that runs out you should be able to move to either the released version of VMware Player or VMware Workstation.

--

Wil

0 Kudos
Polda18
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Okay, that sounds fair Smiley Happy

One last question. It will upgrade my current installation of VMware Player, right? Not needing to uninstall anything, with my current virtual machines ready to be used.

0 Kudos
wila
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Hi,

You cannot have the beta and the normal workstation (or player) installed at the same time.

Not completely sure if it will run the uninstall for you, but if not then you have to do so manually.

You can continue using your current virtual machines.

Be aware though that if you upgrade the virtual hardware of those virtual machines (something it might do automatically for you on first boot unless disabled) and you want to go back to the normal -non beta- VMware Player, that you have to downgrade the virtual hardware again before uninstalling the beta.

--

Wil

0 Kudos
Polda18
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Okay, that's enough information for me Smiley Happy

I'll try it out when it's my best time to do it since I've got little free time and need to work primarily on school stuff rn. I'll keep an eye on it though Smiley Happy

Thanks, I appreciate that Smiley Happy

0 Kudos