VMware Communities
Robsi1
Contributor
Contributor

How to use a different VPN in VMware then the one in host

Hey there,

I need some help with setting up a different vpn in the VMware.

I am currently using a vpn on the host but would also like to use a vpn to a different adress from within the VM.

However, when i try to use the VPN from within the VM, it connects but when i try to use the connection to open up a website it's not working.

Anyone knows how i can fix this?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Host OS?

Guest OS?

Workstation version?

Host VPN?

Guest VPN?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
Robsi1
Contributor
Contributor

Host OS = windows 10

Guest OS = windows 10

I was using the regular workstation version.

today i switched and tried out virtualbox but i have the same problem.

I use nordvpn on both

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Workstation version? (Player or Pro? v15, v16, or earlier?)

VM network setting? (Bridged, NAT, or custom)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
Robsi1
Contributor
Contributor

Workstation Player v16,

VM network setting ( NAT)

i've tried multiple things and it seems that as soon as i use a vpn on the host, i can't connect to the internet on the guests ones.

When i turn of the vpn on the host, i can connect to the internet through different vpns

0 Kudos