VMware Communities
jasonrecson
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

How to upgrade from Vmplayer 12 to Vmplayer 14

Hi.

Yesterday I saw on your webpage that there was a new version of vmplayer (version 14), but when I look for updates via vmplayer's GUI, it says that there are no pending updates and a message to upgrade to vmware workstation pro.

pastedImage_0.png pastedImage_0.png

Do I have to wait some time? I am using vmplayer for personal use.

Thanks.

Tags (4)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RDPetruska
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Just download the latest VMware Player installer from the website and run it... The installer will first remove any existing version, then install the new one.

I believe the Player "Updates" page always just listed the Full Workstation product, not the Player product, but I could be mistaken.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
RDPetruska
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Just download the latest VMware Player installer from the website and run it... The installer will first remove any existing version, then install the new one.

I believe the Player "Updates" page always just listed the Full Workstation product, not the Player product, but I could be mistaken.

jasonrecson
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi.

I deleted all my virtual machines, uninstalled vmplayer and installed again. Works OK for me.

Kind regards.

0 Kudos
RDPetruska
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Well, there was no reason to delete your existing VMs.  When you upgrade MS Word, you don't delete all your documents you created first, do you?