VMware Communities
EnglishmanInJpn
Contributor
Contributor

How to setup Bridged Netwrking upon a Multiple NIC host ?

Is it possible to correctly setup 2 Bridged Network adapters ?

I've got 2 NICs on the host I'm running "VM Wiorkstation Player 17" upon.  One is connected to the External LAN (internet facing) and the other to an Internal LAN (no internet access).. Both NICs have the "VMWare Bridge Protocol" installed and checked.

My Windows Virtual Machine, has two Network Adapters added, and under "Network connection", I have "Bridged: Connected directly to the Physical network" selected... however. I can not select different Host NIC adapters for each. 

Should this be possible ?

The only workaround, that I have found so far, is to have one Network adapter setup as a NAT with the local host (and hope it connects to the externally facing NIC) and the other Bridged directly with the Hosts's Internal NIC. 

Is there a better way ?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RDPetruska
Leadership
Leadership

You need the Virtual Network Editor (which is not included in the Player setup).  Extract the files from the Workstation Pro setup (search the forum for instructions).  Then you can specify an unused VMnet (2-7,9) for each physical NIC.  Configure the VM to use custom network connection, and specify the appropriate VMnet to connect to.

0 Kudos
EnglishmanInJpn
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the pointer, I see that having been discussed in the following post, so will give it a try:

https://communities.vmware.com/t5/VMware-Workstation-Player/How-to-assign-Virtual-Network-Editor-in-...

0 Kudos