VMware Communities
fvasquezchacon
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

How to connect 2 physical machines and 2 virtual machines?

Hi!

It's my first time in the forum and I would like to ask about the network configuration for a setup of 2 physical machines and 2 virtual machines. Each  physical machine has a virtual machine (all operating systems are Windows 7 or 8). I do not have an advanced network management level but I would like to ask how can I setup an example case of this configuration?. I was wondering to have communication between all machines and considering communication among 1 machine with the other 3.

Thanks in advance! If someone already has asked this, please tell me the reference.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Welcome to the Community,

VMware Player offers 3 major network configuration settings, Bridged, NAT as well as Host-Only. Host-Only can be used if the VM doesn't require network a connection except for other VMs and/or the host,. NAT is usually used if the VM needs network access, but doesn't need to be accessed externally. In your case the option to use is Bridged, which will transparently connect the VM to the physical network.

André

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Welcome to the Community,

VMware Player offers 3 major network configuration settings, Bridged, NAT as well as Host-Only. Host-Only can be used if the VM doesn't require network a connection except for other VMs and/or the host,. NAT is usually used if the VM needs network access, but doesn't need to be accessed externally. In your case the option to use is Bridged, which will transparently connect the VM to the physical network.

André

0 Kudos
fvasquezchacon
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thank you so much! It works perfectly.

0 Kudos