VMware Communities
dprasad100
Contributor
Contributor

How to Install QC, QTP, linux

I have brought the QC,trying to install it but it say .net framework 2.0 has to be installed. how to install it? MY operating system is win7 and ie 9.0 but I created a vmware player account and  I have windows xp, Ie 6.0 in vmware player. I also want to install linux in vmware player but it say 64 bit is not supported by your CPU. 32 bit has to be changed. How to do that?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Vinster411
Contributor
Contributor

for the .Net 2.0, it can be downloaded free here; http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=19

As for the 64/32Bit issue. if your CPU is 32bit you cannot replicate/fake a 64bit CPU. you will have to get a 32bit version of the linux operating system that you are trying to install.

When downloading make sure you get either the 32bit version or the x86 version.

Vin

0 Kudos
dprasad100
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks,

I downloaded it.

0 Kudos
milton123
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

I worked with their support group and they pointed me to this particular setup:  If you are having trouble accessing network resources such as printers or
local file sharing:
For security, by default Kaspersky restricts certain communication on new networks. For example, if you took your notebook into a coffee shop you wouldn't want others there to be able to browse your files.  · Open Kaspersky  · Click on Settings.  · Click on Firewall on the left.  · Click on the Settings... button on the right.  · Click on the Networks tab.  You will usually see two connections here, one for the Internet , the other with the brand of network adapter you have (Intel, Broadcom, 3Com, etc). The Internet one should already be set to Public network, and the other set to Local.  · Right click on Local and select Trusted network.  · Click OK twice.

Cheers, Yours Udin

0 Kudos