VMware Communities
mecole1179
Contributor
Contributor

Host OS fails to boot after install of VMware 3.0 player. Please Help

I am running Windows XP Pro 64bit edition, I have a a AMD 9600 quad core processor with 16gb memory and a TB hard drive. Once I complete the install of the player it ask me to reboot, so I do and once I get passed the splash screen my PC resets everytime. The only way to get passed that is to do a restore before the install.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
continuum
Immortal
Immortal

please try this:

next time you install do not reboot when asked

instead open regedit and go to

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\vmx86

set start to 4.

Then reboot - does that help ?

let it boot then and start the driver manually with

net start vmx86

if that does not work try to install Workstation 7 without license instead - gives you the same - slightly better - functionality.

VMX-parameters- VMware-liveCD - VM-Sickbay

0 Kudos
mecole1179
Contributor
Contributor

I have tried both of the above options and the host OS still fails to boot. I got the VMware player to work as long as I did not reboot, but this is not an option. If there are any other solutions please let me know.

0 Kudos
continuum
Immortal
Immortal

which bluescreen ID do you get ?

VMX-parameters- VMware-liveCD - VM-Sickbay

0 Kudos
mecole1179
Contributor
Contributor

I did not get a blue screen, My pc would get past the splash screen and then reset its self. I figured out the problem, I had my PC OC at 15% and it was causing a problem with VMware player on the reboot. I put my settings back to normal and what would you know the PC rebooted just fine.

0 Kudos