VMware Communities
rd_Tx
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Help with moving VM from one host to another

I am attempting to move my VMs from a HDD that is going bad to an entirely new host computer with a SSD.  I have tried to moved the .vmx file to the new drive.  I attempted to open the file "Open a Virtual Machine", but I get an error that says:

'VMware Workstation filed to start the VMware authorization service.  You can try manually starting the VMware Authorization Service.  If this problem persist, contact VMware support."

So does anyone have any ideas.  I did open services.msc and the Auth service indicated that it is set to "automatic". When trying to start the service I get "Error 1075: Dependency service does not exist or has been marked for deletion."

Does anyone have any suggestions, I need these VM to work on projects I have been assigned for my course work.

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rd_Tx
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks for the input, I resolved it (I hadn't installed it as Admin).

Thanks all

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

@rd_Tx 

Moderator: Please create threads in the area for the product used - moved to Workstation Player Discussions (although you may be using Workstation Pro)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
asajm
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Hi @rd_Tx 

Can you share VMware authorization service dependencies?.

The message means some dependency not exist or has been deleted.

If you think your queries have been answered
Marking this response as "Solution " or "Kudo"
ASAJM
0 Kudos
rd_Tx
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks for the input, I resolved it (I hadn't installed it as Admin).

Thanks all

0 Kudos