VMware Communities
redoak716
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Have lost Internet connection

Although I am able to reach this site via "Help," when I try to connect with the internet through my browser it fails. FYI, on my "real" computers that problem does not exist, so it must be something within my "Player" set-up. My 'guest' OS is "XP Pro."

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

redoak716

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

To start troubleshooting you should provide some basic info about your setup. How did you configure the virtual network (Bridged, NAT)? What's the output of ipconfig /all on the guest's command line? What's the host OS? Did you try to temporarily disable AV and/or the Firewall? Are you able to resolve Internet URL's in the guest (e.g. nslookup vmware.com)?

André

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

To start troubleshooting you should provide some basic info about your setup. How did you configure the virtual network (Bridged, NAT)? What's the output of ipconfig /all on the guest's command line? What's the host OS? Did you try to temporarily disable AV and/or the Firewall? Are you able to resolve Internet URL's in the guest (e.g. nslookup vmware.com)?

André

0 Kudos
redoak716
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I apologize for bothering you! I am an 81 year old who forgot to change the adapter setting from 'host only' to "Bridged."

redoak716

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

There's absolutely no need to apologize. What counts is that you were able to resolve the issue.

Thanks for the feedback.

André

0 Kudos