Contributor
Contributor

Hard Drive Capable of Hosting Could not be Found...

Jump to solution

Untitled.png

i mouted an ISO in a Virtual drive for my guest OS VMMachine to boot from, its boots to the Virtual Drive, (i am trying to install Windows Home Server on VMMachine to test).  WHS installation window comes up but I get an error message

"Hard Drive capable of hosting Windows Home Server was not found, would you like to load additional drivers"

I tried adding another drive and I get the same message.  Any workaround to this issue?  i have a VM Machine running WIN7,

and I am attaching a pic of settings (2nd drive just added, same error, and the error)

0 Kudos
21 Replies
Leadership
Leadership
... selected Windows Server 2003 ...

This will create a LSILogic SCSI disk. The way I did it (see my previous post) was to create the VM as a "Windows 98" VM and switch to Windows 2003 later, after the VM was created. This way the VM has an IDE disk.

It's up to you now to either follow my description from the previous post to create a VM with an IDE drive or use the procedure WoodyZ provided to be able to install on a SCSI disk. Both options should solve the installation issue.

Good Luck.

André

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Contributor
Contributor

you guys are both great for this forum and non-professional technical people wanting to learn this technology (me!).

Andre, i did create the Win 98 VM THEN edited within the VMPlayer to Server 2003 --  It did not tak for whatever reason.

Woodyz-  i downloaded the drivers, Vfloopy them and installed them and it work, it is currently installing, so hopefully everythin goes as planned from here

again thanks andre for the repeated post to help me with this, much appreciated. Thanks woody for the drivers...

0 Kudos