VMware Communities
dwbeattie
Contributor
Contributor

External Access to VM Web page

Hi,

I am having issues accessing a web page that is hosted within a VM on my internal network from outside of my network.

Probably not the place to post this however I have had no joy with the post on the Comodo forums so any help would be apprecited.

This is the scernario:

Broadband setup with external DNS name
Rule on the broadband router to direct all HTTP requests on port 80 to 192.168.0.100 allowing any

Physical machine running windows 7 64Bit and Comodo CIS
Physical machine IP address 192.168.0.8
VMware player running on the physical machine and running a Suse Linux image with the ip address of 192.168.0.100
VMware player setup within Comodo CIS as trusted application

When I access 192.168.0.100 internally all is fine and I can access the page.
When I hit the external website URL from a machine on my internal network I can access the page.

However, when an external user hits the URL they get a message saying that the "requested URL could not be retrieved".

If i disable the Comodo firewall and reload the page I get the message of Error 404.

I  know that external access works to the machine as I have an FTP server  on the physical machine using the same external URL and pointing to  192.168.0.8.

I believe that there is something blocking access to  the VM within Comodo but is only applicable to external, however Comodo  does let FTP through.

I have also setup a rule within CIS to  allow any source address through to 192.168.0.100 on port 80 but this  still does not work.

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal

Have you tried temporarily disabling all AntiVirus/Firewall/Security type software in an attempt to determine where the issue lies?

0 Kudos