VMware Communities
Senchay
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Error when starting VMware Player 12 on Win 10

Hello together,

i get this error(s) (see attachment) when trying to start any vmdk file. Does anyone have a clue why it doesnt work? I see error like "Cannot create a file that already exists" or "cannot find file in ####"

I asked my collegues already but noone can help...

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dariusd
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Your guest OS is shutting itself down.  The important part of the logfile is this one line: "Exiting on CLI;HLT at 0x10:0x157fbbf"

Do you know exactly which OS (version and architecture) is installed on the virtual hard disk?

If it's a 64-bit OS (i.e. an amd64 or x86_64 kernel), you'll need to set the guest OS in the Virtual Machine's settings correspondingly, and you'll probably also need to go into your host's BIOS/firmware settings and enable Hardware Virtualization (VT) and check that Trusted Execution Technology (Intel TXT) is disabled (EDIT: looks like your CPU doesn't support TXT, so don't worry about that part) – this is necessary in order to run a 64-bit guest OS.

Cheers,

--

Darius

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
dariusd
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Your guest OS is shutting itself down.  The important part of the logfile is this one line: "Exiting on CLI;HLT at 0x10:0x157fbbf"

Do you know exactly which OS (version and architecture) is installed on the virtual hard disk?

If it's a 64-bit OS (i.e. an amd64 or x86_64 kernel), you'll need to set the guest OS in the Virtual Machine's settings correspondingly, and you'll probably also need to go into your host's BIOS/firmware settings and enable Hardware Virtualization (VT) and check that Trusted Execution Technology (Intel TXT) is disabled (EDIT: looks like your CPU doesn't support TXT, so don't worry about that part) – this is necessary in order to run a 64-bit guest OS.

Cheers,

--

Darius

0 Kudos
Senchay
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi again,

i could solve it. It was indeed the BIOS part, where virtualisation wasnt active.

Thanks 🙂

0 Kudos