VMware Communities
Ayal
Contributor
Contributor

Error loading Vista 64 image in player: info?id=152 .. Host not capable of running 64-bit

Hi, I am still seeing this error. I updated the VT (Virtualization Technology) in OS security - to enable VT.

I also downloaded the rebootable CD image to check the settings and the output said the machine was able to run the 64 bit image.

The image is a 64 bit Vista Business.

My box is HP xw4400, ACPI x64-based PC, with dual Intel Core(TM)2 6700 2.66 GHz processors

Out company uses the Workstation 6 OK but I need for this box to just use the Player.

Please help.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Did you completely power down the system after enabling VT in the BIOS? Changes to the VT setting in the BIOS do not take effect until power is removed from the CPU.

Ayal
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your reply.. I saw a similar issue with VMWare workstation (Where I found the link to the checker disk) and indeed I tried the cold reboot. I looked in the documenttion and in the last page there are VIsta-64 guest systems listed. My guest is one of them, Vista Business 64. Still, it's not launching with the Player. I wonder if anyone out there has success with a 64-big guest on a VMWare player.

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

What is your host OS? Has your host gone into hibernation since you last booted it? Many BIOSes forget to re-enable VT after waking from hibernation.

0 Kudos
Ayal
Contributor
Contributor

The host is a 64-bit Vista Business, running on a HP xw4400 workstation, dual Intel processor.

I cold-rebooted after the updates were set to VT and after I ran the VT tester CD, no hybernation. 64 bit guest doe snot load.

I wonder is anyone can load 64-bit guests with the player (vs the workstation).

I'm running a workaround where I install my udates on a 32 bit machine, but this is not a long time solution.

Thanks!!

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Please upload the vmware.log file for the affected guest.

0 Kudos