VMware Communities
Sairath
Contributor
Contributor

Error in installing Windows 8 on Windows Vista using VMWare Player

Hi,

I'm unable to install Windows 8 (x86) on my Windows Vista (x86).When I'm trying to run the iso file for Windows 8 on the VMWare Player 3.0/3.1.5 it gives a blue screen error saying "Your computer ran into a problem and needs a restart"

error1.png

When I'm trying to install VMWare Player 4.0/4.0.2, it says "VMWare requires features that is not present in your CPU".

error2.png

Please help, I need to run Windows 8 urgently

Thanks & Regards,

Sairath Bhattacharjya

0 Kudos
8 Replies
orthohin
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Followings requirement is require..

• You need a 64-bit processor (CPU) with hardware virtualization support.
  • You must enable hardware virtualization in your motherboard's BIOS settings.
  • If  you want to use 64-bit guest support on a 32-bit host operating system,  you must also select a 64-bit operating system for the particular VM.  Since supporting 64 bits on 32-bit hosts incurs additional overhead,  VirtualBox only enables this support upon explicit request.

Regards,
Milton

Never trust a computer you can't throw out a window
0 Kudos
Sairath
Contributor
Contributor

My Windows Vista is a 32 bit box and the iso for Windows 8 that I have downloaded is also 32 bit. Can't we do this? Please suggest

0 Kudos
RDPetruska
Leadership
Leadership

You need Player 4.x in order to install Windows 8 preview.

0 Kudos
Sairath
Contributor
Contributor

But the installation of VMWare player 4.x is failing in Windows Vista (32 bit) Smiley Sad

Is there any other alternative?

0 Kudos
RDPetruska
Leadership
Leadership

Is it failing because your CPU does not support 64-bit code, or because of other problems (refer to Ulli's page at http://faq.sanbarrow.com/index.php?solution_id=1113)?

If it is the hardware issue, then unfortunately, no, there is no solution.

0 Kudos
Sairath
Contributor
Contributor

VMWare guys please help....Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
Tom2k8
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

What is your processor (cpu)? Is it a 32 bit or 64 bit one?

If it is a 32 bit one, you were out of luck, since VMWare Player 4.x needs a 64 bit processor.

If it is a 64 bit one, your BIOS and/or Windows Vista might not have been set up properly in order to run VMWare Player 4.x.

Did you update Windows Vista to the latest update? Windows Vista prior update 1 seems to be very buggy.

0 Kudos
Sairath
Contributor
Contributor

Its a 32 bit m/c Smiley Sad

and i have updated vista to the latest patch and service pack

0 Kudos