VMware Communities
owenandrews
Contributor
Contributor

EXTREMLEY Slow VM after copying to new Host Machine

Hi guys can anyone help me with this issue.

I have copied a VM/Files to another host PC (HP ZBook Power G8 i7 - exactly the same laptop)

It works perfectly fine on the host machine I originally created it on - super fast and works great.

Once copied to another host machine and I select 'I have Copied it' takes ages to boot, much longer than the previous even after the first boot. It is extremally laggy I cannot click anything and is super slow. I effectivity cannot use the VM.

All the settings are the same and I cannot understand why it would just not work smoothly like it did on the previous host Machine which exactly the same specs. 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
owenandrews
Contributor
Contributor

I have now managed to fix this issue. Seems that nobody on here is of much help either as no response.

The Base HP OS Windows 10 was causing the issue, after re installing a fresh copy of Windows 10 from a USB Drive, I was able to install Workstation and when the files where copied over from another host device it runs perfectly smooth and as expected.

Weird how the OS was causing some sort of problem, it may be something HP have coded in there.

0 Kudos
myQ1
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I have the same behaivour with my VM and Windows 10 OS inside the VM.
The operating system of the new PC is Linux and the idee was to use the exicting VM.

First I thought that I need more RAM on the new PC, but after I have rised the RAM from 8 GB to 32 GB there was no progress.

0 Kudos