VMware Communities
arban
Contributor
Contributor

Directx 3d problem

Hello

I have download and istalled VMWare Player 3.1. I created virtual machine of Win2000 professional and install directx 9.0c . My host system is WinXP. Direct3d support is enabled on guest system. when I run the dxdiag and test direct3d , it shows a spinning cube but image of cube is distorted. When I play a 3d game, it started without any problem but 3d characters in the game are displaying as 2d white shadows. See attached images.

My System is core2Duo processor with Intel DG41RQ motherboard which has G41 chipset and has integerated graphic GMA X4500 .

I copied my virtual machine files on another system. That system also has winxp and hadware is also a core2duo . Motherboard is DG33FB with G33 express chipset and integerated graphic GMA 3100. The same virtual machine runs perfect on this system. DxDiag test is showing correct cube image and 3d game is playing perfectly with great image quality and performance.

On my host pc Directx 9.0c is installed and working fine.

Both PC almost have similar configuration so why my guest system is not working on first PC.

VMWare Log file is also attached.

Please help.

Regards

Arban

0 Kudos
4 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Try installing the latest DirectX End-User Runtime on your first PC.

0 Kudos
arban
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I have updated latext Directx using microsoft's directx web setup. but problem is still the same.

Previously , vmware log file is showing an error of D#D library not found. After updating vmware log do not have this error. But the problem with directx Test and my 3d game is still same as before.

I am attaching the vmware log.

Regards

Arban.

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Are you running the latest available Intel GMA X4500 graphics driver on your first PC?

arban
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I downloaded the latest graphic driver from intel websiteand installed it. Now my Grpahic driver properties screen is changed and has some new options available.

In 3d settings options, there is a new setting "Vertex Processing" with three availabe options. "Application Setting", "Default Setting" and "Enable software Processing". On selecting any of the first two two options, problem still the same. But after selecting "Enable software Processing", Problem is resolved. Direct 3d test and my game both work fine with this option.

I am curious what thisoption ( "Enable software Processing") means. Is it using Software rendering for 3d? Why it is not working with Hardware acceelertion(i.e. when using first two options)?

Regards

Arban

0 Kudos