VMware Communities
Fry_
Contributor
Contributor

Constantly getting 0xc0000005 error code

Hello everyone

I recently began using VMWare and I currently have VMware workstation 15 Player. I wanted to open some files but i always get this error, I am using VMware on a Windows 10 Pro 64 bit and I will post the error and the log in here.

If someone could help me that would be really appreciated.

Fry__0-1627465233668.png

0 Kudos
11 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

1. Has it ever worked?

2. Why v15 and not v16?

3. What do you mean by "open some files? What action are you taking which causes this error to appear?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
Fry_
Contributor
Contributor

1. No, it hasn't

2. Do you think i'd be better if I upgrade it?

3. I am basically using a program as you can see from the picture I have placed here, basically if I press the Linde for example, vmware pops up and gives me the error code

I am sorry if my language is very banal but i am basically new about vmware etc.

Thank you for reading!

Fry__0-1627469081077.png

0 Kudos
wila
Immortal
Immortal

Hi,

Upgrade to the latest version is a first step. Especially with Windows 10 as it gets constant upgrades.

Moderator note: I had pulled your first post from the spam queue and noticed you reposted here with the log now attached as pdf. Pretty much no-one here will read it in pdf form (it's just not easy to read that way)... if you want us to look at the logs then zip the log file instead, but really... upgrade and if it still happens then attach the log.

Anyways what I wanted to say, if next time a post of yours gets tagged as spam, the use the report/abuse button to notify a moderator and we will pull your post out of the spam queue. Reposting means we have to do extra work (pull out of spam queue _and_ then move it to the bit bucket after that) Sadly us moderators cannot fix the broken state of the spam detection logic.

--
Wil

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
| More info at vimalin.com | Twitter @wilva
0 Kudos
RaSystemlord
Expert
Expert

As for the problem itself:

You got already the basic guideline, a newer version.

However, not sure if people here understand what you are doing - maybe they do, but surely I don't. I mean, I have no idea what program - referring now to your screenshot - you are running? Who is providing that software, what does it really do and how does it work, network-wise or else? Who is supporting that software? How is that other software supposed to be used in sync with VMware ... documentation like that should have laid out version requirements as well ... which requirements are also dependent on particular VMs that you are opening?

Be that as it may, you are not commenting whether your VMware install works? Can you create a VM with that or run a VM on your H: -drive or wherever? I mean, I would first check if VMware itself works and only after that try out "a Linde button" in some other software, unknown to me.

VMware error message does not necessarily mean that there is anything wrong in VMware. It may be that your other software is trying to do something impossible or your networking - referring to H: -drive - is not correctly configured, permission-wise or otherwise. Also your VM might be in a bad shape - try to open directly with VMware to find out.

0 Kudos
Fry_
Contributor
Contributor

Hello! Thank you for responding

Yes i have noticed that my thread got tagged as a spam and I'd like to excuse if I caused some problems. I am downloading now the newest version of vmware (v16) and will respond if it works or not. I've also changed my file from pdf to zip thank you very much for telling me that!

0 Kudos
Fry_
Contributor
Contributor

About the program, it's a start.vbs file and when i click on it the menu that you previously saw pops up, when I press Linde it should start vmware and that's how we also fix heftrucks etc. sadly enough i can't directly open the file directly from vmware but the program is installed in a portable Hard Disk and if I try to open something or copy a file the hard disk will self destruct and I won't be able to open any files. I hope I could clear some questions about it and thank you for responding!

0 Kudos
RaSystemlord
Expert
Expert

Thanks for the clarification!

... if not obvious, try the VMware update to Win 10 supported version first ...

As for the problem, my take on this ... and I don't necessarily believe in any self-destructing files:

a) If you want to run VMware that you have installed yourself, you are always to start it independently on anything else.

If you are able to open up "Linde VM", you can always open it directly from VMware. VM can very well be located on an external drive - no problem in that. However, permissions need to be managed with NTFS.,

OR

b) If the .vbs program does something secret (and strange) to enable the use, which use isn't possible using the normal permissions and configuration of the user, AND if it fails, then that .vbs program does not work correctly. In this case, you need to consult the author of that .vbs program.

OR

There might not be anything wrong, as such, in any of the above, but the configuration and networking - as required for the .vbs program to work - is not done correctly. In that case, you need to contact the Support of that .vbs program to find out how it is supposed to be configured.

0 Kudos
wila
Immortal
Immortal

Hi,

You're on version 15.5.2

Others have reported crashes on such an old version with a current Windows 10.

Upgrade to either 15.5.6 which IIRC is the most current version 15.x or version 16.

--
Wil

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
| More info at vimalin.com | Twitter @wilva
0 Kudos
Fry_
Contributor
Contributor

Hello

I've updated my vmware from 15 to 16

0 Kudos
Fry_
Contributor
Contributor

Big Update!

I've tried to open the other brand of forklifts like Yungheinrich and it gave me a "This host supports Intel VT-x, but Intel VT-x is disabled."  error which I fixed in my BIOS, the only program that still doesn't work and gives me the same error is Linde. I've also updated from v15 to v16

0 Kudos
RaSystemlord
Expert
Expert

Just for the clarification:

You have updated to version 16. You have Updated your BIOS as you mention. After that, all the other VMs work, but only Linde doesn't. Right?

I cannot deduct your log file, but I would look into Linde VM settings OR get a backup VM because your VM might be corrupted. VMs get easily corrupted, if somebody who has provided you the disks with VMs, hasn't used a reliable way to do copying. In Windows, the reliable (always present) way is robocopy - using desktop to make a copy, is not.

0 Kudos