VMware Communities
regressist
Contributor
Contributor

Connect a usb bluetooth stick to another guest

Hi all,

I have the free workstation player 15 which I use with three XP guests . In one of these there is the old Palm synchronization sw, which I run with a bluetooth usb stick from Toshiba (after many tries with other devices it performs somehow properly even though quite slowly). When I plug the stick it goes automatically to the guest and runs. Note that in the removable devices list there is no option to cancel this automatic rule. I do not remember how many years ago I managed to install it, but somehow I did it, many years ago.

Now I need to do the same with another guest, but when I plug the BT I do not get the option connect to guest/host, even though in the preferences of the VM it is set so. Even if I set the preference as connect to guest it does not do it or ask. I hear the bells of win10 at plug-in but I can not see the device in the removable devices list of the VM. Maybe the player looks for guest 1 and not finding it is stuck; as I said I can not change the rule in guest 1 for the device, it does not show the option.

I would be grateful for any suggestion

S.

0 Kudos
0 Replies