VMware Communities
Titmar
Contributor
Contributor

Change resolution in MS-DOS

Hey guys,

i was just getting my VM with MSDOS started when I recognized that the resolution of the DOS Window was kinda small. I was trying to change it by using a manual resolution in the VM-Players options but it didnt change anything... The window still is only like a quarter of what it should be. Since im trying to get this DOS working for my father it should be readable for him Smiley Wink Now my question is: What am i doing wrong? How can i get the DOS into full screen (1280x1024) so it wont take only a quarter of my screen but the full?

My host is Win7 64-Bit if this might help you...

I added a picture so you can see what i mean cause i think my english isnt that good Smiley Wink

greetings

Titmar

0 Kudos
2 Replies
MarAndreas
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

IIRC, the highest resolution DOS supports is 640x480.

VMware Player does not scale the VM's display - Workstation can, but last I tried, that feature was a CPU hog.

The usual method is to lower the screen resolution in the host's display settings.

Titmar
Contributor
Contributor

so when i want the VM in full screen i must buy workstation which is buggy in this case? 😕 Or scale down my screen... There is no other possibility? Cause scaling down the VM doesnt work...

0 Kudos