VMware Communities
ECvoyager
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Cano I start multiple VMs with VMware player?

I cannot find a way to start multiple VMs oin my Windows 7 PC with VMware player. Please advice if this is possible. If not, which vm product will do?

Eric

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
gbullman
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

You can also just double click on the .vmx files of whatever VMs you want to start up. What I've done is set up Shortcuts in my Quick Launch Toolbar for my frequently used VMs. Each Shortcut targets the respective .vmx file of the VM it is to start.

Hope this helps

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
FranckRookie
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Hi Eric,

Welcome to the forum.

On my XP machine, I just need to start another VMware Player instance and select the VM I want to run. Isn't it possible under 7?

Regards

Franck

continuum
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

right now I run 30 VMplayer VMs at the same time - so yes- it works - just do it

VMX-parameters- WS FAQ -[ MOAcd|http://sanbarrow.com/moa241.html] - VMDK-Handbook

gbullman
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

You can also just double click on the .vmx files of whatever VMs you want to start up. What I've done is set up Shortcuts in my Quick Launch Toolbar for my frequently used VMs. Each Shortcut targets the respective .vmx file of the VM it is to start.

Hope this helps

0 Kudos
ECvoyager
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi Franck, continuum, and gbullman,

I didn't know I can run multiple instances of vm-player until read your postings. Thanks very much for your help.

gbullman, Thanks very much for the extra tip.

Appreciate all your helps.

0 Kudos