VMware Communities
HenriqueMarques
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Cannot reinstall VMware Player

After using VMWare for 1 month I decided to make a manual upgrade to version 4.0.1. After uninstalling the version 4.0 and download the version 4.0.1 I am unable to install it again.

I just click on the downloaded file and nothing happens.

I've tried everything but nothing makes sense to me.

I am running Windows 7 Professional SP1, HAV checked and nothing has changed from the last time I've made the unistall action.

Tryed to put the 4.0 again but nothing.

Can someone help me with this issue?

Regards,

Henrique

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Welcome to the Community,

one reason - if nothing happens at all - could be a process "fixcamera.exe" or "webcam.exe". Use the task manager to see whether one of them is running and kill it, then try to run the installation again.

André

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Tyomni
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Had this kinde of problem caused by antiviruse, it didn't even notified me that is blocking installer.

VM or Not to VM...?

That is the question!

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Welcome to the Community,

one reason - if nothing happens at all - could be a process "fixcamera.exe" or "webcam.exe". Use the task manager to see whether one of them is running and kill it, then try to run the installation again.

André

0 Kudos
HenriqueMarques
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Guy, I was trying to install my webcam before the problem, and uninstalled everything that could possible make such thing, but never identified the Fixcamera.exe service running behind!

You are a genius!

Now, everything is working fine!

Thanks for your help!

God bless you all!

Happy holidays!

Henrique

0 Kudos