VMware Communities
Stubbs73
Contributor
Contributor

Can't install base device

I've converted a Windows 32 bit XP VM from Microsoft Virtual PC 2007 using the free converter. I'm using the free player, version 2.5.1. Host is Beta 7000 of Windows 7, 64 bit.

The base problem I'm having is the mouse inputs are inverted and backwards. Click on the top right, the start button is pressed. Click on the start button, nothing happens. Right click on the start button, and you get the menu to adjust screen properties just like you right clicked on the desktop. Right click on the top left of the screen, and you get to change the date and time.

Totally inverse and backwards.

VMWARE tools is installed. I've installed, rebooted, uninstalled, reinstalled all afternoon. Trust me, vmware tools is installed.

In Hardware manager I have a yelllow exlamation point. Base system device. Windows will not give me another shred of info on the base system device, other than "device system id" of PCI\VEN_15AD&DEV_0740&SUBSYS_0740115AD&REV_10\3&61AAA01.

Forcing the reinstall of the driver to point to the drivers path on the vmware tools cd fails.

The virtual machine tools of VirtualPC have been removed.

I'm very frustrated, and the signup and posting to this forum is unnecessarily complicated. I'm a student for crying out loud, VMWARE doesn't need my mothers maiden name and my blood type, I have no money and control no resources, it is simply unnecessary.

ANY help any of you could give would be greatly appreciated.

~Stubbs

0 Kudos
0 Replies