VMware Communities
Lurka
Contributor
Contributor

Can Win7 App-V run under VMware Player 5 ?

Hi,

I am testing an image of Win7 x64 that includes a pre-configured App-V environment, but there is no trace of the virtualization environment after the setup under VMware Player 5. Is it a limitation of Windows, of VMware or am I doing something wrong?

Thank you,

Lurka

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership

Could you clarify a bit?

App-V and VMware player is very different in technologies and should be able to work independent of each other.

// Linjo

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
Lurka
Contributor
Contributor

I installed Win7 x64 under VMware 5, but Windows Virtual PC is unavailable in that installation. Windows detects it's running in a virtual machine and won't allow to use Virtual PC, but I'm wondering if there is any way to get around it.

I know that nested virtualization is widely used on servers, but it probably requires suitable hardware and hypervisor software.

Thank you,

Lurka

0 Kudos
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership

Maybe you are talking about Med-V and not App-V?

// Linjo

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos