VMware Communities
ratbags21
Contributor
Contributor

Can VMPlayer Interfere with printing on main client

Hi,

I'm wondering if someone could advise me.

I have just installed VMWARE Player on my Windows 7 PC (Professional edition). I have then created a virtual session and loaded the Ubuntu Linux ISO file.

All loaded ok and appears to work, but a bit slow.

Anyway, I then tried to print a document using windows (not from within VM Player) but all I get is a dialog that sits there saying its collecting information from the printer.

Before I blow away the entire VM Player software in frustration, can anyone tell me what I could do to restore my printer?

thanks

0 Kudos
2 Replies
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal

I personally have not had any printing issues on the Host with any VMware Desktop Products I've installed.  If I did have a problem with printing from the Host I wouldn't necessarily automatically assume that installing a specific software like one from VMware was the cause of it unless I literally printed something before installing the software and then immediately after tried printing something and then there was a problem.  Over the years I've seen many a time Printers/Printer Drivers having to be uninstalled/reinstalled in order to correct a printing issue, so I'd start with that.  If that doesn't work then you can uninstall VMware Player, and it doesn't delete the Virtual Machines created, test your Printer(s) and see if it makes any difference.

ratbags21
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks WoodyZ, I'll give that a go!

0 Kudos