VMware Communities
pedr0san
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Can I install two Vmware player in one PC?

Hi,

Trying to find out if it is possible two VMware Player in one PC running a 64bit environment?

Thanks,

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Welcome to the Community,

you cannot install VMware Player multiple times. I actually don't understand why you want to do this. You can run multiple virtual machines with VMware Player, if it is this you want to achieve.

André

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Welcome to the Community,

you cannot install VMware Player multiple times. I actually don't understand why you want to do this. You can run multiple virtual machines with VMware Player, if it is this you want to achieve.

André

0 Kudos
pedr0san
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I am trying to use VMware so two users can login to the PC at the same time one using a remote access. or is there any other way to do this?

0 Kudos
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

VMware Player can have only one installed instance under a given OS on a system at a time however you can run multiple instances simultaneously of the single installed instance.  In other words you can start the singled installed instance multiple times having multiple VM's running at the same time providing you have the resources for it.

WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

I am trying to use VMware so two users can login to the PC at the same time one using a remote access.

Unless, as an example with Windows, the Host OS is a Server OS with Terminal Services then no as Desktop OSes like Windows XP or Windows 7 only allow one user at a time logged into the GUI.

a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

I'm still not sure whether I understand your requirement. What I understand is that one user logs on to the host PC and another one needs to have access to a virtual machine!? In this case you could connect the VM dirctly using bridged networking for the VM and connect to it using e.g. RDP (in case of Windows) or VNC, ...

André

0 Kudos
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

André, I took pedr0san's statement "so two users can login to the PC at the same time one using a remote access" literally in that both users would be logged into the Host's GUI at the same time hence why I answered the way I did however your suggestion will also work and will work with a Desktop OS.  Although it would work it's not without its issues and some of which can be fatal in that the VM could easily become corrupted if the user logged into the Host reboots it while the RDP Session is taking place in the other VM.

0 Kudos