VMware Communities
NakahVirtual
Contributor
Contributor

Bug with the new graphic driver & WPF applications

Hi,

I've installed VMware Player 3.0 today and it works perfectly with my Windows 7 Ultimate 32bits (Aero enabled).

But I have issues with WPF applications. I've installed Visual Studio 2010 beta 2 (which uses a full WPF interface) and menus are blurry.

I have to use "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Avalon.Graphics\DisableHWAcceleration" registry key to disable hardware acceleration on my virtual machine.

This registry key is used when there are issues with graphic drivers as seen here :

MSDN

0 Kudos
8 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Hi. Sorry to hear that.

This maybe related to an issue we are aware of, but just want to confirm. Can you tell us what your host operating system is?

0 Kudos
NakahVirtual
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

My host operating system is Windows 7 Ultimate 64bits on a Dell Latitude D620.

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

\Would you mind posting a screenshot of the blurry menus alongside of what they should look like (when not blurry)?

0 Kudos
NakahVirtual
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Here is a screenshot when hardware acceleration is disabled for WPF

0 Kudos
dcrobinson
Contributor
Contributor

FYI, I see the same issue with blurry fonts in WPF applications using Fusion 3.0 on Mac OS 10.6.1.

0 Kudos
NakahVirtual
Contributor
Contributor

This is strange because I'm using Fusion 3.0 on my Unibody MacBook Pro and I don't have this issue.

0 Kudos
dcrobinson
Contributor
Contributor

I have the fuzzy fonts problem in Expression Web 3, and Visual Studio 2010 beta 2 (in fact, in VS, most of the user interface is blurred to the point of being unpleasant to use!!)

Do you have the model with the 9600 graphics rather than the 9400? Could that be the difference?

0 Kudos
dcrobinson
Contributor
Contributor

Disabling WPF hardware acceleration removes the fuzziness (as reported elsewhere).

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa970912.aspx

0 Kudos