VMware Communities
yvesict
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Boot IMG need uefi and x64

I am making an image to deploy later. I downloaded an ISO directly from microsoft VLSC.

When i create my image and i choose windows 10 then i can boot it in BIOS and UEFI

When i create my image and i choose windows 10 x64 then ! can't boot in UEFI anymore

For my image it is important that is is made with UEFI boot options. Like i said i can do this with x86 install of my image, but not with x64.

I think it's not done to install x86 versions of windows.

When i boot up my Uefi X64 image it just goes to the uefi bios screen and there nothing works. I can try to activate the DVD drive from there but nothing happens. Even with the boot delay on, i can't see anything what could help me.
Can you guys help me with this?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RaSystemlord
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Don't know exactly, but what is the x64 image EXACTLY that you use?

There are several different x64 possibilities depending on the processor, I guess with Windows 2 of them (in Linux more). Anyway, *amd64* named is for common Intel and AMD processors (or whatever naming convention you have there).

View solution in original post

3 Replies
RaSystemlord
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Don't know exactly, but what is the x64 image EXACTLY that you use?

There are several different x64 possibilities depending on the processor, I guess with Windows 2 of them (in Linux more). Anyway, *amd64* named is for common Intel and AMD processors (or whatever naming convention you have there).

yvesict
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

You are correct. With closer inspection of the iso-file. I saw that i was using the wrong file. Thx for the tip

0 Kudos
RaSystemlord
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

@yvesict  You are welcome. This *amd64* naming convention for Intel is pretty confusing, I need to add 🙂 

0 Kudos