yvesict
Contributor
Contributor

Boot IMG need uefi and x64

Jump to solution

I am making an image to deploy later. I downloaded an ISO directly from microsoft VLSC.

When i create my image and i choose windows 10 then i can boot it in BIOS and UEFI

When i create my image and i choose windows 10 x64 then ! can't boot in UEFI anymore

For my image it is important that is is made with UEFI boot options. Like i said i can do this with x86 install of my image, but not with x64.

I think it's not done to install x86 versions of windows.

When i boot up my Uefi X64 image it just goes to the uefi bios screen and there nothing works. I can try to activate the DVD drive from there but nothing happens. Even with the boot delay on, i can't see anything what could help me.
Can you guys help me with this?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RaSystemlord
Expert
Expert

Don't know exactly, but what is the x64 image EXACTLY that you use?

There are several different x64 possibilities depending on the processor, I guess with Windows 2 of them (in Linux more). Anyway, *amd64* named is for common Intel and AMD processors (or whatever naming convention you have there).

View solution in original post

3 Replies
RaSystemlord
Expert
Expert

Don't know exactly, but what is the x64 image EXACTLY that you use?

There are several different x64 possibilities depending on the processor, I guess with Windows 2 of them (in Linux more). Anyway, *amd64* named is for common Intel and AMD processors (or whatever naming convention you have there).

yvesict
Contributor
Contributor

You are correct. With closer inspection of the iso-file. I saw that i was using the wrong file. Thx for the tip

0 Kudos
RaSystemlord
Expert
Expert

@yvesict  You are welcome. This *amd64* naming convention for Intel is pretty confusing, I need to add 🙂 

0 Kudos