VMware Communities
BigWaveDave
Contributor
Contributor

Automatically launch Cisco VPN Client on Start

Is there a wan to automatically launch Cisco VPN Client when I start VMWare Player 15 from suspended mode?

David

0 Kudos
5 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

On the host OS or on the guest OS?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
BigWaveDave
Contributor
Contributor

On the guest OS.

David

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Can you not do that in the guest OS Itself? (whatever OS it is)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
0 Kudos
BigWaveDave
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your help on this.  Normally I just suspend when I'm leaving VMWare.  I'm wondering how to activate VPN when I launch the Guest OS when it's just suspended.  I know I could do it if I was starting the Guest OS up from scratch, but not sure how to do it when it's suspended.

David

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

If you can work out the commands and have VMware Tools installed in the guest OS: Default VMware Tools Scripts

0 Kudos