VMware Performance Community
pasoboble
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

what is VMmark

Could someone explain me what is VMmark?

Thanks

Paso

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kimono
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

It's a framework & methodology for benchmarking virtualization platforms against one another. It's also a great learning tool to see the differences introduced by configuration changes (such as No# VMs per LUN configuration, networking) For example we're using it to benchmark every type of host that comes in the door to build up our database. We see some interesting changes of the results based on storage configuration (particularly). If you wish to publish any results publically, there are pretty stringent rules regarding the configuration you used to benchmark.

Theoretically I see no reason why VMMARK could not be used to benchmark different hypervisors.

/kimono/

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
mreferre
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

http://www.vmware.com/products/vmmark/overview.html

Massimo.

Massimo Re Ferre' VMware vCloud Architect twitter.com/mreferre www.it20.info
kimono
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

It's a framework & methodology for benchmarking virtualization platforms against one another. It's also a great learning tool to see the differences introduced by configuration changes (such as No# VMs per LUN configuration, networking) For example we're using it to benchmark every type of host that comes in the door to build up our database. We see some interesting changes of the results based on storage configuration (particularly). If you wish to publish any results publically, there are pretty stringent rules regarding the configuration you used to benchmark.

Theoretically I see no reason why VMMARK could not be used to benchmark different hypervisors.

/kimono/
0 Kudos