VMware Performance Community
checha
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

vmmark2 - error - time sync failed to start/complete

vmmark2 - error - time sync failed to start/complete Returned RC = 10002, System error 1326 uknown user name or bad password .

I have provided the correct credentials to logon to the VCserver.  Not sure why it is cribbing.

Is it the VC server credentials or the vcenter credentials?  Both fail with the same error.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jpschnee
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Without a NTP server you'll have to sync things up manually and then make sure they won't automatically readjust their time.  Take a look at the TimeChecks.txt file that gets generated during the run.  This will tell you how far off the individual systems are.  Each system must be within 60 seconds of the prime client.

-Joshua

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
checha
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

these credentials were provided at in the vmmark2 config file.  Is there where it is looking at or somewhere else?

0 Kudos
jpschnee
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

You should be providing the administrator credentials for the vCenter Server system in your VMMARK2.config file.  What version of staf and stax are you using?

-Joshua
0 Kudos
checha
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I tried with the VCenter server credentials in the vmmark2 config file..but I still get the error.  Attached is a screen shot.

STAX ver - 3.4.5

STAF - 3.4 .6

0 Kudos
checha
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I took off the domain name before the username for the credential.. now I get a diff error.

the bad passwd error is gone..but it says

Clients or VCServer Out of Sync :['client0']

I have synced up all machines to the domain controller and the physical client to the VC server.

I do not have a NTP server and there is no outside connection available.

0 Kudos
jpschnee
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Without a NTP server you'll have to sync things up manually and then make sure they won't automatically readjust their time.  Take a look at the TimeChecks.txt file that gets generated during the run.  This will tell you how far off the individual systems are.  Each system must be within 60 seconds of the prime client.

-Joshua
0 Kudos